Asia is the largest part of the continental land on Earth, both geographically and in terms of population. It is the most progressively developing region in the world with more than 50 states.
10 interesting facts about Asia
- Asia is the largest land continent. Its area is larger than the area of the moon.
- In Asia, near the confluence of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, human civilization arose (the earliest human remains were found).
- More people live in India than in Central America, North America and South America combined! More than 60% of the world's population lives in Asia. There are 1.3 billion people in China and 1.1 billion in India. More than half of Asia's population lives in these two countries.
- There are more Muslims living in South Asia than in the entire Middle East, yet Muslims in South Asia make up less than 15% of the total population.
- Asia is home to one of the most densely populated countries in the world, Bangladesh. More than 1000 people per 1 km. sq.
- Currently, the border between Asia and Africa is drawn along the Isthmus of Suez or the Suez Canal. As a result, part of Egypt, located on the Sinai Peninsula, belongs to Asia, and the rest of Egypt to Africa.
- Did you know that the 10 tallest mountains are located in Asia.
- The borders of Asia stretch from the Suez Canal and the Ural Mountains in the west to the Caucasus Mountains, the Caspian Sea and the Black Sea in the south. In the south, Asia is washed by the Indian Ocean, in the north - by the Arctic Ocean, and in the Far East - by the Pacific Ocean.
- Asia is divided into 6 sub-continents: - Central Asia - East Asia - North Asia - Subcontinent of India - Southeast Asia - Southwest Asia.
- The three most economically developed countries in Asia are China, Japan and India. They are ranked second, third and fourth, respectively.