The fact that the patterns on the fingers are unique, people have assumed thousands of years ago, but the real interest of the public caused this issue in 1877, when the Englishman William Khershel suggested that the papillary drawing of our fingers remains unchanged throughout the human life. Many researchers, and especially criminalists, wondered: "Isn't there a fingerprint a unique identifier of each person?". This would open up completely new opportunities in the criminal wanted list and allowed to carry out unmistakable accounting of persons suspected of committing a crime. But before this idea could become a reality, it was necessary to develop a system of classification of papillary patterns and, most importantly, to prove that the papillar pattern of each person is unique. And if the specialists coped with the first task rather quickly, then the proof of the uniqueness of fingerprints still causes questions from many experts.
Human palms consist of two layers of skin: Cutis - lower layer, and epidermis - upper layer. These layers adjacent to each other, therefore, with time, folds appear on Kutis, of which our unique papillary patterns are formed. It happens around the seventh month of the life of the fetus, so the person appears on the light with unique fingerprints. As the child grows, the imprint increases, but the pattern remains the same. How did the researchers proved that every fingerprint is unique? In fact ... no way. Just because it is impossible. This assumption was made on the basis of the examinations conducted and analyzing the databases of fingerprints, among which it was not possible to find coinciding with each other. However, taking prints from all 7 billion people inhabiting the planet, and to analyze their fingerprints yet is possible. And if all the people who lived on the planet in history, the task becomes even impracticable.
Dactyloscopy recognizes that after all, repeated drawing on the pillows of the fingers is possible. It all depends on the likelihood of this event. Most likely, the complete coincidence of papillary patterns can happen more often than in one case out of 64 billion. And if we consider that according to approximate estimates on Earth in the entire history of its existence, about 107 billion people were born, then, for sure, two people, let them live in different epochs, fingerprints coincided.
Interesting Facts about fingerprint:
- The Argentine Police was the first one who used the Galton method in determining fingerprints.
- Juan Wucetyach, a member of the Argentine Police, was the first police officer who caught the criminal with the help of Dactyloscopy. They were a woman who killed his own sons. After their death, she cut her throat so as not to be recognized guilty. However, after the murder of the boys, she left the fingerprints on the doors, so she could not avoid punishment.
- Of all the types of forensic examination of fingerprints are the most evidential phenomenon found at the crime scene.
- Drawing on the soles and fingers of the feet is also individual for each person. Often he also helps to find a person, like a drawing of the fingers.
- It is fingerprints that people can show that a person consumed drugs - the skin highlights the fat, which includes the remains of any substances in the body.
- Your cat will not be able to get away from responsibility - because the imprint of his nose is also individual.