Closed rhinoplasty is a relatively new surgical technique that allows you to eliminate almost any imperfections in the shape of the nose. In contrast to the open technique, in this case, the incision is made along the contour inside the nostrils, and not on the barley. Accordingly, the recovery period takes less time, and the scars fade faster.
Indications for closed rhinoplasty
Closed rhinoplasty can solve the following problems:
- Large or small nostrils;
- Curvature of the nasal septum;
- any deformities of the nose (congenital or acquired);
- Shell polyps and hypertrophy;
- Any defects of aesthetic nature;
- Respiratory dysfunction.
Who is contraindicated for closed rhinoplasty
Nose plasty is not performed for:
- Poor blood clotting;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Dysfunction of internal organs;
- Viral and infectious diseases;
- Cancer tumors;
- Acute inflammatory processes;
- Disorders of the pancreas;
- Diseases of the thyroid gland;
- Diabetes mellitus.
Along with this, minority is a contraindication to female closed rhinoplasty. This is due to the fact that before the age of 18, the final formation of the tissues of the nose and cartilage takes place. The only exception to this rule may be the need for post-traumatic recovery or restoration of respiratory function.
Stages and features of the operation
The whole nose surgery consists of several stages:
- Incisions are made along the contour of the nostrils to access soft tissue. The number of such cuts and their sizes are predetermined by the objectives of the operation.
- The soft tissue is removed from the cartilage and bone, followed by planned manipulation.
- Seams are being applied.
On average, the duration of plastic surgery is 1-1.5 hours.
During closed rhinoplasty, incisions are made on the inside of the nose to hide any traces of the surgery. Unlike the open technique, the closed technique assumes a faster recovery period. Its duration depends on the characteristics of the patient's body and the scale of the work done.
A plaster cast is applied immediately after rhinoplasty. It ensures tissue repair and proper fusion. For the first few days, it is recommended to stay at the plastic surgery clinic under the supervision of doctors.
After removing the cast, a special bandage is applied to the nose. For the first time in a week, it is not allowed to visit saunas, swimming pools, baths and other places with high humidity and high temperatures. It is also recommended to give up sports and any other physical activity during the rehabilitation period.