Interesting facts about YouTube / YouTube is a video hosting that is famous for its super fast development and quite useful services.
1. All three YouTube founders (Steve Chen, Chad Hurley, Jawed Karim) worked for Paypal when they started their project.
2. The YouTube domain was registered on February 15, 2005.
3. 70% of YouTube registered users are from the United States, 50% of YouTube users are under 20.
4. If YouTube were a Hollywood film company, it would have enough material to release 60, 000 new films every week.
5. To produce as many videos as have been uploaded to YouTube in the last 2 months, NBC, ABC, CBS would have had to operate 24/7 since 1948.
6. The total volume of traffic on YouTube is about the same as was used by the entire Internet in 2000.
7. It will take over 1000 years to see all the videos on Youtube (but by then there will be over a billion more videos uploaded to YouTube).
8. The most popular video download category is Music, which contains about 20% of all YouTube videos.
9. The United States uploads the most videos to YouTube, followed by the United Kingdom. Also, US users watch most of the videos, followed by Japan.
10. The first ever video posted on YouTube is “I'm at the Zoo, ” uploaded on April 23, 2005 by YouTube co-founder Javed Karim.
11. Daily YouTube video views are over 2 billion.
12. Google bought YouTube in 2006 for $ 1.65 billion
13. The first video that opened the Russian version of YouTube in 2007 was the clip of Peter Nalich for the song "Guitar".
14. On March 13, 2007, Viacom filed a lawsuit against Google, accusing YouTube of massive copyright infringement and demanding the transfer of personal data of all users of the service to YouTube. A federal judge for the Southern District of New York granted the plaintiff's claim, which is contrary to US federal law.
15. Many users whose videos became popular on YouTube later became stars outside the Internet. For example, Canadian superstar boy Justin Bieber got an expensive record deal thanks to his recordings, which his mother posted on YouTube.
16. Easter Egg on YouTube: If you press the up, down, left or right key while uploading a video (alternatively press up and left), the Snake game will start.
17. According to statistics for November 2010, 35 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube per minute, and 50, 400 hours per day.
18. Videos marked as deleted are not necessarily physically deleted. With special applications such as Deleted YouTube Video Viewer, these files can be viewed.
19. In March 2009, the Chinese government blocked access to YouTube after it posted footage of Chinese soldiers beating Tibetan monks and other Tibetans.
20. According to Wikipedia, February 15, 2005 is the official beginning of YouTube's history.