Nicholas II - interesting facts about a great man. Who is not familiar - it's time already)
1. Nicholas II - knew five foreign languages. Brilliant education (higher military and higher legal) was combined with a deep religiosity and knowledge of spiritual literature. He served in the army.
2. Nicholas II - created the greatest in strength, power and prosperity Empire, which did not exist either before or after him.
3. Nicholas II - increased the population of Russia by 60 ml in 20 years. person.
4. Nicholas II - Checked the new infantry equipment system, personally, while marching 40 miles. He did not tell anyone, except for the minister of the court and the palace commandant. Reduced military service - to 2 years, in the navy - to 5 years; During the First World War, he constantly went to the front, and even often with his son. Thus, he showed how much he loves his people, that he is not afraid to die for him and the Russian land. He showed that he despises the fear of death and is not afraid of anything. And then, even in the most difficult time for the Russian army, the Tsar took over the supreme command of the troops. While the Tsar was leading the troops, not an inch of land was given to the enemy. Nicholas's troops did not let Wilhelm's troops farther than Galicia - Western Ukraine and Western Belarus, and military historians believe that if there were no internal turmoil (revolution), there was only one step left until the victory of Russia. The prisoners were treated like sufferers. They retained ranks, awards, monetary allowances. The period of stay in captivity was counted in the length of service. Of the 2 million 417 thousand prisoners during the entire war, no more than 5% died.
5. Nicholas II - GKZ Bank issued large loans to peasants; by 1914, peasants owned and leased 100% of arable land in Asian Russia, Siberia and 90% in the European part of the country. State-owned warehouses of agricultural equipment were set up in Siberia, supplying the population with agricultural machines. The amount of taxes per person in 1913 in Russia was 2 times less than in France and Germany and more than 4 times lower than in England. The population was stable and rich quickly. The wages of Russian workers are higher than the wages of European workers, second only (in the world) to American wages. The law on social insurance was adopted first by all European states and the United States.
At the same time, prices for everything, one of the lowest in the world, along with taxes.
6. Nicholas II - In 1908, compulsory primary education was introduced. It was the Tsar who introduced it, not the Bolsheviks. By 1916, at least 85% of the Empire were literate. On the eve of the war, there were more than a hundred universities in Russia with 150, 000 students. In terms of the total number of students, RI ranked third in the world, sharing it with Great Britain. Funding for education has grown over 20 years from 25 million rubles to 161 million rubles. And this is without taking into account the zemstvo schools, the costs of which increased from 70 million in 1894 to 300 million in 1913. The total budget for public education has grown by 628%. The number of students in secondary educational institutions has grown from 224 thousand to 700 thousand people. The number of students has doubled in 20 years, the number of schoolchildren has grown from 3 million to 6 million. By 1913, there were 130 thousand schools in the country, moreover, the total budget of public education significantly exceeded the budget of the War Ministry.
Before the revolution, a law was passed on the complete free education, and not only training, but also life during training. They graduated from the seminary at government expense - this government expense included all the maintenance and meals of students.
7. Nicholas II - Industry grew rapidly. From 1890 to 1913, GDP quadrupled. The extraction of coal has grown 5 times in 20 years, the production of pig iron during the same time has increased 4 times. Extraction of copper and manganese 5 times. Investment in fixed assets of machine-building plants from 1911 to 1914 increased by 80%. The length of railways and telegraph networks has doubled in 20 years. During the same time, it doubled its tonnage of the world's largest river merchant fleet. The mechanization of industry grew rapidly. In 1901, the USA produced 9 million 920 thousand tons, and in Russia 12 million 120 thousand tons of oil. In the period from 1908 to 1913, the growth of labor productivity in industry outstripped the United States, England and Germany, which were considered industrial giants for a long time. The tsar's activities resulted in amazing economic stability. During the world economic crisis of 1911-1912, Russia, on the contrary, was on the rise.
8. Nicholas II - The Tsar stood outside and above the interests of certain groups and strata of the population. Economic reforms, like alcoholic reforms, were carried out personally by the king. Sometimes in spite of the thought. The author of all the transformations was the Emperor Nikolai Alexandrovich, contrary to all the prevailing myths to the contrary.
9. Nicholas II - freedom of the press, freedom of speech; freedom as much as there was neither before nor after his reign.