Not an easy path to success - so we don't give up, no matter how hard it breaks for life, as they say "everything is for the better."
A Brief History of One Person:
- When he was 7 years old, his family was kicked out of the house for non-payment, and he had to work to somehow feed himself and his loved ones.
- When he was 9 years old, his mother died.
- At the age of 22, he lost his job as a courier in a store. He wanted to go to study as a lawyer, but he lacked education.
- At the age of 23, he went into debt to become a partner in a small store.
- When he was 26, his business partner died, leaving him with a large debt that he had to pay off for many years.
- At the age of 28, he invited his girlfriend, whom he had been dating for 4 years, to marry him, but she refused.
- At the age of 37 after a third try, he was elected to Congress, but after two years he was not re-elected.
- When he was 41, his four-year-old son died.
- At 45 he tried to get into the Senate and failed again.
“And at the age of 51, he was elected President of the United States.
And this man's name was Abraham Lincoln.
Abraham Lincoln (English Abraham Lincoln) - born February 12, 1809, in Hodgenville, Kentucky - American statesman, 16th President of the United States (1861-1865) and the first from the Republican Party, the liberator of American slaves, the national hero of the American people.
Summary Presidency and Historical Significance of Abraham Lincoln
The Civil War became the bloodiest military conflict in the history of the United States and the hardest test for American democracy. Abraham Lincoln became a central historical figure in the minds of the American people, the man who prevented the disintegration of the United States and made a significant contribution to the formation of the American nation and the abolition of slavery as the main obstacle to the subsequent normal development of the country.
Lincoln initiated the modernization of the South, the emancipation of slaves. He owns the formulation of the main goal of democracy: "A government created by the people, from the people and for the people." During his presidency, a transcontinental railway to the Pacific Ocean was also built, the infrastructure system was expanded, a new banking system was created, and the agrarian problem was solved. However, at the end of the war, the country faced many problems, including the rallying of the nation and equalizing the rights of blacks and whites. In part, these problems still face American society.
After the assassination of Lincoln, the United States economy for a long time became the most dynamically developing economy in the world, which allowed the country to become world leaders at the beginning of the 20th century. In many ways, his personal qualities made it possible to mobilize the forces of the state and reunite the country. Lincoln adhered to strict moral principles of morality, had a sense of humor, but was also prone to intense melancholy. To this day, Abraham Lincoln is considered one of the most intelligent presidents of the United States. As a token of gratitude to the American people, a memorial was erected in Washington to the sixteenth President Abraham Lincoln as one of the four presidents who shaped the historical development of the United States of America.