117 ways to discover the capabilities of the brain and know its abilities and methods of its stimulation.
1. Solve riddles and puzzles.
2. Develop ambidexterity (two-handedness, the ability to use the right and left hands equally well). Try to brush your teeth, comb your hair, manipulate the computer mouse with your non-main hand. Write with both hands at the same time. Change hands while eating when using a knife and fork.
3. Work with ambiguity, uncertainty. Learn to enjoy things like paradoxes.
4. Study mind maps.
5. Block one or more sensations. Eat blindfolded, plug your ears with tampons, and shower with your eyes closed.
6. Develop a comparative sense of taste. Learn to fully feel, savor wine, chocolate, beer, cheese and more.
7. Look for areas of intersection between seemingly unrelated things.
8. Learn to use keyboards with different key layouts (learn to type blindly).
9. Come up with new uses for common objects. How many different ways can you think of, for example for a nail? Ten? Hundred?
10. Change your usual ideas to the opposite.
11. Learn techniques for developing creativity.
12. Do not dwell on the obvious, strive mentally beyond the first, "correct" answer to the question.
13. Change the established order of things. Ask yourself the question "What if? .."
14. RUN, CHEER!
15. Turn paintings, photographs upside down.
16. Develop critical thinking. Refute common misconceptions.
17. Study logic. Solve logic puzzles.
18. Learn the scientific way of thinking.
19. Draw, draw automatically. You don't need to be an artist for this.
20. Think positively.
21. Engage in some kind of art - sculpture, painting, music - or try yourself in some other creativity.
22. Learn the art of performing magic tricks, develop manual dexterity.
23. Eat foods that are good for the brain.
24. Strive to constantly experience a slight feeling of hunger.
25. Get exercise!
26. Sit up straight.
27. Drink plenty of water.
28. Breathe deeply.
30. Diversify your activities. Choose your hobby, hobby.
31. Get good sleep.
32. Practice short naps.
33. Listen to music (no matter what, mind you!).
34. Declare war on your addiction to postponement, procrastination.
35. Limit yourself in the use of technology.
36. Study materials on the study of the brain.
37. Change your clothes. Walk barefoot.
38. Improve your conversations with yourself.
39. Make it easier!
40. Play chess or other board games.
41. Play Brain Games - Sudoku, crossword puzzles and countless other games are at your service.
42. Be as spontaneous as children!
43. Play video games.
44. Develop a sense of humor! Write or compose jokes.
45. Make a List of 100 (note: a technique for generating ideas, discovering hidden problems, or making decisions).
46. Use the Idea Quota method (note: the method of making a preliminary list of ideas during the day).
47. Consider every idea that comes to you. Create a bank of ideas.
48. Let your ideas develop. Return to each of them at regular intervals.
49. Conduct "case observation". Try, for example, to mark red items as often as possible throughout the day. Tag cars of a specific make. Pick a topic and focus on it.
50. Keep a diary.
51. Learn foreign languages.
52. Eat in different restaurants - preference for national restaurants.
53. Learn computer programming.
54. Read long words in reverse. ! design
55. Change your environment - change the location of objects, furniture, move somewhere.
56. Write! Write stories, poetry, start a blog.
57. Learn the language of symbols.
58. Learn the art of playing musical instruments.
59. Visit museums.
60. Study the functioning of the brain.
61. Learn dynamic reading techniques.
62. Determine your learning style.
63. Learn the method of determining the days of the week for any date!
64. Try to estimate the time intervals by feelings.
65. "Approximate calculation". Which is more - leaves in the Amazon forests or neural connections in the brain? (answer)
66. Make friends with math. Fight the "lack of ability to count."
67. Build Palaces of Memory.
68. Study the system of imaginative thinking for the development of memory.
69. Have sex (Sorry, no comments here!).
70. Memorize people's names.
71. Meditate. Train your concentration and a complete lack of thoughts.
72. Watch films of different genres.
73. Give up the TV.
74. Learn to concentrate.
75. Be in touch with nature.
76. Mentally solve math problems.
77. Give up rushing.
78. Change the usual speed of various activities.
79. Do only one thing at a time.
80. Develop curiosity.
81. Try on someone else's consciousness. How do you think other people would think in your place, solve your problems? How would a fool behave if you were?
82. Cultivate a contemplative attitude towards the world.
83. Take time for solitude and relaxation.
84. Tune in to continuous learning throughout your life.
85. Travel abroad. Get to know the lifestyle of people in other countries.
86. Study geniuses (Leonardo is great company for you!)
87. Create a circle of trusted friends.
88. Look for competition.
89. You should not communicate only with like-minded people. Surround yourself with people whose worldview is different from yours.
90. Participate in brainstorming sessions!
91. Change the way you plan for the future: short-term / long-term, collective / individual.
92. Look for the roots of all problems.
93. Collect quotes from famous people.
94. Change the means of communication: use paper instead of a computer, voice recording instead of writing.
95. Read the classics.
96. Improve the art of reading. Effective reading is an art, develop it.
97. Make a summary of the books.
98. Develop self-awareness.
99. Speak your concerns out loud.
100. Describe your feelings in great detail.
101. Use the Braille method. Start by counting the floors as you take the elevator.
102. Get a piece of art that will shake you up. Stimulate, provoke feelings and thoughts.
103. Use a variety of perfumery aromas.
104. Mix sensations. How much does pink weigh? What does lavender smell like?
105. Argue! Defend your case. Also try to accept your opponent's point of view.
106. Use the time-boxing method (note: the method of fixing a certain period of time to complete a task or group of tasks).
107. Take time to develop your brain.
108. Create a mental sanctuary (note: a place that exists only in your imagination).
109. Be curious!
110. Challenge yourself.
111. Develop the art of visualization. Do this for at least 5 minutes a day.
112. Write down your dreams. Start a notebook and first thing in the morning, or when you wake up, write down your dreams.
113. Learn lucid dreaming.
114. Get a dictionary of interesting words. Create your own words.
115. Look for metaphors. Link abstract and concrete concepts.
116. Manage stress.
117. Master the method of random input of information. Copy random words from the journal. Read randomly selected sites.