We've all guessed this before, but this is the first time it has become the subject of scientific research.
The world is divided not only into men and women, "techies" and "humanitarians", grammar-nazis and everyone else whose eyes do not bleed when reading this sentence. No, there are two more large groups in the world: "rational" and "emotional" people.
Researchers from Rice University and Columbia Business School in the course of a large-scale study identified the main differences between "big-headed" and "hearty."
The five most important are:
1. People identify with their way of making decisions. Those who think with their heads call themselves "rational, logical and not prone to sentimentality." Others who think with their hearts speak of themselves in terms of "emotional, affable, compassionate."
2. Sincere people tend to worry about events that do not directly concern them, did not happen to them, or did not happen at all. They often talk about the common good and less often about their own benefit. Often this leads to the fact that warm-hearted people achieve little in life, being busy with worries about other people's lives.
Conversely, rational minds are more likely to make good careers. They, on average, are better at setting practical goals for themselves and are more likely to achieve them.
3. Big-headed ones usually do better in school. Not because they have more brains, but because they are less distracted.
4. Warm-hearted people live in more stress. There is a rational explanation for this: they constantly root for everything in the world.
5. Whether you are rational or emotional depends on how you spend your money. Efficiency people usually spend less of them, and here's why: even the process of choosing a new model of a vacuum cleaner can take them a couple of months. Until all the pros and cons are finally weighed, or until the emotional partner decides everything for him.
Yes, and the main good news: opposites attract. And the combination of a "heart" partner with a "big head" usually provides the most balanced, stable and happy marriage. Therefore, the next time you are faced with the fact that you do not understand your spouse, remember that this is what makes you a harmonious couple.