Many people decide to decorate the festive table with alcoholic drinks, while they do not think about what alcoholic drinks can and cannot be mixed.
In addition to holidays, there are also days when it is warm outside and you want to have a picnic, taking certain drinks with you.
If you care even a little about your health, but at the same time you do not want to give up alcohol for the holidays, you should know what to drink, how to drink, what not to do, and where is the very line.
1. You can not mix drinks that are very different in their production technology.
* Champagne cannot be mixed with vodka.
* Whiskey is never mixed with cognac.
* Vodka does not like the "neighborhood" with beer, as well as with un aged home-bottled wines.
* Rum and brandy are best kept away from any liquor.
2. Do not mix spirits with non-alcoholic drinks such as fruit juices, mineral water and lemonade - all of which, in combination with alcohol, turn into "armor-piercing" cocktails.
3. Champagne does not like the neighborhood with strong alcoholic drinks, such as: vodka, cognac, rum or whiskey.
Mixing champagne with one of these drinks can lead to rapid and severe alcohol intoxication, and after that you are guaranteed a severe hangover syndrome.
It's all about the large amount of gases that are contained in champagne. Its bubbles contain carbon dioxide - it irritates the lining of your stomach and significantly increases the absorption of alcohol into your bloodstream.
4. Because of gas, you should also avoid drinking alcohol with harmless non-alcoholic carbonated drinks.
This means that vodka, cognac and whiskey should not be washed down with sparkling mineral water and sweet soda.
5. Remember that when mixing different alcoholic beverages, you should pay more attention not to their strength, but to the difference in their biological activity.
For example, vodka is absorbed more slowly than wine, although it is stronger.
Cognac has a strong effect on the nervous system, and this effect is stronger than vodka or liquor. And all because cognac contains tannins - a group of various water-soluble organic substances of aromatic type.
6. It is very dangerous to take alcohol with energy drinks.
This combination dramatically increases blood pressure - this is called a hypertensive crisis. Such sharp increases are fraught with hemorrhages in the brain and other organs.
Also, a mixture of alcohol and energy drinks can cause cardiac arrhythmias, seizures, impaired kidney function and other health problems.
7. Vodka can be taken with water and sugar-free juices.
The sugar-free liquid reduces the level of destruction of ethanol on the mucous membranes, and also prevents dehydration. The vitamins found in juices have the same effect. The main thing is that the drink does not contain sugar, since glucose, unlike fructose, competes with ethanol during breakdown.
8. What about lowering the degree?
There will be no harm if you dilute the vodka with plain water (not carbonated). Many people reduce the degree of colored drinks, but it is in them that there are a lot of toxins.
During a feast, if you want to lower the degree, many start with vodka, switch to wine, and this is a very bad idea. The fact is that alcohol takes up all the metabolic reserves, after which the wine is no longer able to digest normally. Because of this, poisoning by intermediate products occurs.
9. Alcohol and medicines
The combination of alcohol and medication can be life threatening. Here's what happens when you mix alcohol and different drugs:
Alcohol + aspirin - this combination can lead to stomach ulcers if the patient suffers from gastritis, and also if a healthy person mixes these ingredients frequently.
Alcohol + caffeine - a mixture of these ingredients can lead to hypertensive crisis and heart attack. The fact is that severe dehydration leads to a sharp drop in blood pressure.
Alcohol + diuretics - can lead to a decrease in blood pressure for the same reason - severe dehydration.
Alcohol + insulin - Can lead to coma due to certain types of diabetes. The fact is that alcohol blocks the synthesis of glucose from fats and proteins. Thus, in theory, there is a risk of lowering blood glucose. In practice, this does not greatly affect the glucose level, and yet it is not worth the risk.
Alcohol + sleeping pills - can lead to intoxication and coma (in case of overdose)
Alcohol + antibiotics - Some antibiotics can be fatal when mixed with alcohol. The instructions for such drugs describe this, so you should read it carefully, and it is better not to mix alcohol and antibiotics at all.
A few useful tips in the end:
To minimize the risk of alcohol intoxication, one of the following schemes should be considered:
* consume each next glass at least 20 minutes after the previous one;
* reduce the number of approaches, i.e. it is better to drink a little more 2-3 times, stretch the same amount all evening;
* Better to drink grape juice or honey between meals;
* if the work of the intestines after the feast is disturbed (i.e. you have stopped going to the toilet regularly), it is better to give an enema - it is more effective than laxatives.
* alcohol is kept in the human body for 2-3 days, but outwardly it is impossible to notice. According to doctors, if you consume small doses of alcohol every other day, then withdrawal syndrome develops, accompanied by bad mood, insomnia, aggressiveness and autonomic disorders. All this can last up to 2 weeks.
People partially relieve this syndrome by taking alcohol, and this is already called alcohol dependence. In the first phase, this dependence is mental, but later it turns into physical.